Thursday, February 19, 2009

Spring please get here fast!!

This week I am officially over winter and all the illnesses that come along. We have been sick basically all winter it seems. . This weekend Claire came down with the respiratory crud that is going around. She is still wheezing, and we are doing nebulizer treatments. Gotta love that machine. It is a miracle worker. Now Ella seems to be coming down with the same thing as well as a sore throat. I knew it was only a matter of time till she got this. Keep in mind just two weeks ago they also had the stomach flu. This sick thing has been constant. I cannot sanitize my house, toys, and clothes anymore. Chris has decided to join in on the fun. Friday night and Sunday he had migraines something terrible. On Monday he called at 9am and had another one coming on because his vision was going bad. I went and picked him up at work. We then went to our family doc and are going to try a new daily medication to help decrease the migraines. We are keeping our fingers crossed that this works. Then on Tuesday night Chris had a little accident with Claire. She was not strapped in her car seat, and was on the counter. He walked away just for a moment to come back and find Claire face down on the kitchen floor. She appeared to be fine thank goodness. He called me at work and informed me of the accident. I went and talked to an ER doctor and he recommended that she be brought in for a head CT just to be on the safe side since she is only 7mo old. So Chris brought her in and we walked to the ER. The head CT came back fine:) She just has a bruise on her head and her knee. We were both sick just thinking about the negative possibilities. God was definitely looking out for our little Claire bear. So far since Tuesday nothing catastrophic has happened. I am not so sure I can take any more of the drama at our house.



"Sisterly love"


2 comments:

Maria said...

it was good to talk to you on the phone the other day. it was a nice diversion:) the rest of the day was literally all crying--from both cambel and ada. who knows why cambel was such a wreck, but at one point i just told him to go to bed b/c i couldn't take it anymore. what a great mom! and ada is getting her 2 top front teeth, so she won't eat and she is a wreck!
sorry to hear that sickness is going through your house again. what a bummer.
maybe we shouldn't get together...it just might be a disaster:) we have the date on our calendar and i'll call you when it gets closer.

Trisha said...

I hope you guys get over all this sickness when spring comes!! I had an accident like that with Mason when he was about a week old. I have no idea how but he ended up face down but he was on a coffee table. I am sure that angels are all around our little ones otherwise I don't know how they would make it!!!