Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Pilgrim and the Elf

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! We had a great time with our family on Thursday:) The girls loved playing with their cousins:) We of course ate too much good food, but isn't that what the holidays are for?? Ella celebrated Thanksgiving at her school on Wednesday with a Fall Fest. She came home as a pilgrim, the best handmade costume I have seen. She was very excited to share what she was thankful for. So glad to hear that she is starting to understand what the holidays are truly for. What a blessing. This weekend Chris and I got most of our Christmas shopping done!!! What a huge relief. Our best purchase that the girls know of, is the Elf on the Shelf. For anyone who has young kids, this is a must!! Our elf's name is Buddy and he watches the girls everyday and flies up to the north pole at night to relay a message to Santa. When they wake up in the morning Buddy is in a new spot in the house. The girls are amazed with Buddy. It seems to have leverage for now in regards to their behavior. Hopefully it can continue for the next month:) I can dream can't I???
The happy little Pilgrim
Buddy the elf


No comments: